Education doesn't just begin when a child reaches kindergarten-- it begins at birth.
Over the years The School Foundation has prided itself on supporting and contributing to FSD1's K-12 teachers and students. With the creation of the StartSMART program, we've added a brand new goal-- assisting parents in preparing their children for kindergarten.
We've developed a wealth of resources designed to give parents the information they need to chart their child's development, including:
- Interactive quizzes to help parents gauge their child's current developmental progress
- "Ask an Expert" articles where parents can seek advice from pediatricians and child development psychologists
- Detailed year-by-year development breakdowns to help parents set goals and identify milestones as they are reached
- Videos, links, and articles to assist parents with a variety of tasks including everything from choosing a school/daycare to selecting age-appropriate toys to aid in development.
- Answers to specific questions regarding preschool can be obtained by calling the Office of School Readiness at (843) 673-1129.
There are multiple ways to get involved with Start SMART and we encourage every business, individual, and parent to lend a hand to ensure that our community's future scholars build strong foundations for their educational paths.
StartSMART Advisory Council Spotlight
or call (843) 662-9996.
Is your child ready?
Take the school readiness quiz today! Click here to start.